This third hour is not necessarily about techniques on how to ‘play’ on the Avenue, but more about the why. In my previous article, I had asked you to grab a piece of paper and write down why you joined the avenue and what you expect from it. You have done that, right?
Let’s look at some of the reasons why you would want to be on Empire Avenue:
You are a business, and/or have a brand or product to promote. You are using Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and maybe some other Social Media sites to help you with that task, however it is always you that does the promoting. How about getting others with similar interests involved in promoting for you? That is exactly where Empire Avenue comes is. It is a collection of people from all walks of life, nationalities and industries; there are some very famous marketers and internet personalities mixed in as well. So, how do you harness their power, get what you want promoted using their power of ‘word of mouth’?
The answer is simple, interact with them. OK, great advice, so pick up your phone and call them. Wait, you don’t have their number? Darn, but the solution is at hand – Empire Avenue.
You can see what I am getting at, you have access to thousands of people on the avenue, that in turn are connected to thousands more, which in turn are connected…and on, and on. But you can also see that it is not something that is done in 5 minutes and without a plan.
What should your EAV plan look like?
- Outline your goal
“I want to reach x people through social media and tell them about my business/brand/product. That will increase my reach by y percent
- Define your social media channels you are already using
- Locate members on EAV with high scores on those networks and that may have a possible interest in what you are doing
- Connect with those people through buying some of their shares
- Connect to their social media networks and follow them
- If they buy you back, there is a connection made, and you could contact them in regards to helping you promote your business/brand/product. Be tactful with your request, you are relying on someones ‘goodness of heart’ to be willing to help you, as you are not paying them
- Appreciate the help and don’t forget to thank them
There is a lot more about this subject that goes beyond the scope of this article. If you want more information, based on your specific needs, please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Don’t forget, stay tuned for the FOURTH HOUR. We will be talking about things to do on Empire Avenue on a daily basis.